Monday, June 16, 2008

Back to Work


I'm back from the Big Apple. I spent a week there, on business and pleasure. Pleasurable business, actually. It's one of my favorite places on earth.

Went to the Flatiron Building to meet with St. Martin's and Picador people, which was great fun, and involved lunch at an Italian place, and also a view from that gorgeous building.

Had to make the the NY Botanical Garden's Darwin exhibit in the Bronx.













Returning home, found the garden flourishing, thanks to my loved ones' meticulous watering--we're in a sever drought down here-- with the pumpkin vine jumping the fence and the zucchini and cucumbers ready for harvesting.
My sister said the zucchini I'm holding--here-- looked "happier" than the cukes maybe because it's bigger. Which strikes me as Freudian. Not going there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker