Thursday, December 4, 2008

As Dorothy Parker Once Said...


Ooooh this sounds like fun. If I lived in Brooklyn OR if I had one of those Ford/Chrysler/GM corporate jets, I'd definitely be attending tonight's Dorothy Parker Society party. Here, from the Dorothy Parker Facebook page (surely she'd love FB if she were alive today), are details:
Thursday, Dec. 4, 7-11 p.m., join us at the Galapagos Art Space, 16 Main Street in DUMBO, with Michael Arenella and his 11-piece Dreamland Orchestra for a festive evening of music and dancing. Come out in Twenties attire too, if you can manage it. Tickets are $12; cash bar. This is the orchestra that performed on Governors Island last summer; they are the best Roaring Twenties orchestra in the city.
Oh, well. Guess I'll make a martini (two at the most*), crank up Ella singing Cole Porter on Itunes, and read a few of my favorite DP quotes:

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.

Wit has truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words.

Take care of luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves.

Salary is no object; I want only enough to keep body and soul apart.

*I like to have a martini, Two at the very most. After three I'm under the table, after four I'm under my host.

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker