If you want tomatoes roasted, just pick them at about 4 or 5 o'clock. Their skins are warm and thin, their flesh is tender and juicy.
The world is experiencing the hottest summer on record. Ever. The world.
So, anyway. Friday's Funkytime on a day like this begins with a bourbon slush.
Here's how to make it:
Gather up this stuff:
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups strong brewed black tea
- 2 cups bourbon whiskey
- Some water-- 6 to 7 seven cups
- mint sprigs from the garden
Mix it up and put it in the freezer. Overnight is best unless you're desperate. Serve it slushy. Gussy it up with sprigs of mint and lemon or orange wedges. Sit on the porch and sip your adult slushy and remember what December feels like.