Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Daze

It's deep hot summer. The first sunflower in my garden is cheerful and beautiful.  I mostly admire it behind an air-conditioned window.  It's that hot.

 You're beautiful, Sunflower!

Last summer, I read Anna Karenina and loved Anna Karenina not only because it is a page turner, and great literature, and Tolstoy is a genius, but because it's the perfect t summer read because it's set in Russia!  And being in St. Petersburg and Moscow--even vicariously-- is a welcome relief when you're in July, in South Carolina. 

This summer has been the hottest ever, but every summer I say that.

This summer, my refreshing cool addictive read isn't set in the Russian winter, but it's close.

It's Sweden.

So, unless you've been off the grid for a while, you've heard of Steig Larrson and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and the other two Girl books. I'm almost through the second one.

1 comment:

eXTReMe Tracker