Digitalis, the heart medicine, comes from Foxglove, or as the Latin-spouting gardeners say, Digitalis purpurea. But I didn't know the Foxglove flower has, for centuries, symbolized deceit. Makes sense, though.
Deceit + Digitalis purpurea = cheatin' heart.
Here's a hilarious guide by illustrator Jason Logan on the modern meanings of our posies.
- ► 2010 (52)
- Hooked on Heron
- Stillness Speaks
- It's not that we NEED nature...it's that we ARE n...
- How to Get Lost
- A Secret Garden, Sicilian Style
- Cheatin' Heart Flower
- The House Wine of the South
- Grow Some Abundance
- My Victory Garden: The Ultimate Grassroots Movemen...
- Chill Out
- The Peanut Man Done It
- I Love the Smell of Compost in the Morning
- ▼ February (12)
- ► 2008 (89)
Subscribe Technorati Profile