Sunday, February 1, 2009
February 1st-- that's really the start of spring round here. Right now the biggest thing I'm growing is my compost pile. Pictured at left.
The best thing about composting is that you can add all kind of gross stuff and, ta da, you get gorgeous black gold. Along with kitchen scraps, tea bags, coffee grounds, fall leaves, you can empty your vacuum cleaner bags and dryer lint-- and best of all-- stir in some shredded bills and rejection letters.
Will be spreading compost soon, so I can go from this:
- ► 2010 (52)
- Hooked on Heron
- Stillness Speaks
- It's not that we NEED nature...it's that we ARE n...
- How to Get Lost
- A Secret Garden, Sicilian Style
- Cheatin' Heart Flower
- The House Wine of the South
- Grow Some Abundance
- My Victory Garden: The Ultimate Grassroots Movemen...
- Chill Out
- The Peanut Man Done It
- I Love the Smell of Compost in the Morning
- ▼ February (12)
- ► 2008 (89)
Subscribe Technorati Profile