Last year, I replaced my front lawn with flowers and and a vegetable garden-- pictured here.
No wonder I'm a fan of the Victory Garden Initiative "a grassroots movement encouraging you, yes you, to move grass, grow food. Victory Gardeners believe there is no better place to grow food, than in your own yard."
The neighbors' varying reactions are a subject for another blog. But by the end of the summer, the mailman, Fed Ex carrier, and many neighbors had tasted the organic tomatoes-- it was a great summer for tomatoes, if I do say so myself--and you can't complain when your mouth is full.
Friday, February 6, 2009
- ► 2010 (52)
- Hooked on Heron
- Stillness Speaks
- It's not that we NEED nature...it's that we ARE n...
- How to Get Lost
- A Secret Garden, Sicilian Style
- Cheatin' Heart Flower
- The House Wine of the South
- Grow Some Abundance
- My Victory Garden: The Ultimate Grassroots Movemen...
- Chill Out
- The Peanut Man Done It
- I Love the Smell of Compost in the Morning
- ▼ February (12)
- ► 2008 (89)
Subscribe Technorati Profile