Friday, February 6, 2009

My Victory Garden: The Ultimate Grassroots Movement

Last year, I replaced my front lawn with flowers and and a vegetable garden-- pictured here.


No wonder I'm a fan of the Victory Garden Initiative "a grassroots movement encouraging you, yes you, to move grass, grow food. Victory Gardeners believe there is no better place to grow food, than in your own yard."

The neighbors' varying reactions are a subject for another blog. But by the end of the summer, the mailman, Fed Ex carrier, and many neighbors had tasted the organic tomatoes-- it was a great summer for tomatoes, if I do say so myself--and you can't complain when your mouth is full.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mindy - Your beautiful garden needs a "move grass. grow food" sign!
    We wish you were closer so you could come to a sign painting with us!
    ~gretchen mead (the VGI)

    ReplyDelete

eXTReMe Tracker