I've got so many sole-ful experiences and photos to share from the ongoing Bootylicious Booktour, it's hard to know where to start. I know, I know. The longest journey begins with one step. One boot at a time.
So, from my visit to Quail Ridge Books--one of the most dedicated bookstores around-- in Raleigh last week, a few pics. I gave the bookstore a boot planter, pictured here, with succulents and a plant called "Jamaican Rope."
And speaking of cool names...While in Raleigh, I stayed a hotel called The Velvet Cloak. Named after the chivalrous Sir Walter of course, but it just sounded deliciously euphemistic. I'll meet you tonight at the Velvet Cloak-- that's the kind of text msg or tweet that might get you in trouble. Come to think of it, it's also the perfect name for some gorgeous dark rose.
Don't want to clog up the bandwidth, so I'll post just a few pictures every day. Tomorrow-- McIntyre's Fine Books.
Quail Ridge in Raleigh
- ► 2010 (52)
- Charleston, tonight. Pawley's Island tomorrow.
- On Zen donkeys and bookstores
- Scenes from the Bootylicious Booktour
- Book Launch Party Tonght!
- Lic, cool and gleaming
- Stepping Out...in Atlanta
- Malaprops Bound
- On The Road again...
- And the Winner is...
- Seedy Characters Contest: update
- Green Thoughts: These Deaths are Stingless
- Seedy Characters Contest: four more days
- Contest: Secret Keepers & Seedy Characters
- ▼ May (13)
- ► 2008 (89)
Subscribe Technorati Profile