Saturday, January 30, 2010

Why My Books Aren't on Amazon...today

. . . A free verse poem



In case you haven't heard--
Amazon and Macmillan are squabbling.
The feathers are flying.
The word
Is it has something to do with the price of Kindle books.
The kindlin' is igniting a big flame out [to mix my metaphors]
The full article is HERE from the NYTimes.
[You may have noticed--I'm not going for rhymes]

As of today, Amazon is no longer
selling Macmillan books from their site--
which means if you are a Macmillan author
[Holt, St. Martin's, Picador, FSG] You're the victim in this fight
Your books are no longer
on Amazon
it's that bad.
All because of an Apple
Ipad

6 comments:

  1. This is disturbing... of course the artists lose out when the big corporations fight, as usual. I just got one of your books on Amazon a little over a week ago, and I've already finished it.

    I could barely put it down, honestly, and I'm really not good at writing reviews, but this will tell you something: I enjoyed it so much I plan to buy a copy of your other novel.

    I guess Amazon won't be getting the business on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what?! unbelievable. keep us posted on this..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powells' Books has them

    http://www.powells.com/s?header=Search+Form&kw=mindy+friddle

    And so does Barnes and Noble

    http://books.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?WRD=mindy+friddle&box=mindy%20fri&pos=0

    some good things..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Meredith! Glad you liked it.

    And Shelby-- yep, only Amazon is playing hard ball. Indie bookstores Barnes & Noble, Powell's etc. aren't in this ruckus...it's just between MacMillan and Amazon.

    Squabbling Corporations and Art don't seem to jibe...but we knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't realized it but many of my favorite books (including yours) are from Macmillan (!).

    :(

    I wonder if Macmillan can deliver straight to my house?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes-- ALL Macmillan books, including Wolf Hall, which is up for the National Book Award! BUT-- I've heard Amazon is backing down and about to re-list all the Macmillan books.

    ReplyDelete

eXTReMe Tracker