I'm guest blogging today over at A Good Blog is Hard to Find. Come on over, ya'll...
These days, a book tour is real...and virtual.
As an author, I've learned publicity goes with the job description. Book touring, blog touring, book clubbing, Facebooking, Tweeting, Skyping, e-newsletters, contests...I'm game. But I've also learned that the publicity part takes a whole different set of muscles from toiling in isolation at your desk with your gin & tonic.
For six weeks now, I've been on the Bootylicious Book Tour for SECRET KEEPERS, my second novel. I've visited brick-and-mortar indie bookstores--where I left boot planters behind to be raffled off or displayed. I hit the virtual road with a WOW-sponsored blog tour-- guest posting or being interviewed at dozens of blogs for the month of June. Topics for my guest posts have covered not just writing and books, but the importance of book covers, photography as a stress-reliever, travel, to-do and to-be lists, and how to certify your yard as a wildlife habitat. In a word--whew! CONTINUE READING
- ► 2010 (52)
- Dispatches from the Road
- Shady R&R
- Ironweed, Beautiful Ironweed
- Going Wild & Green...
- Today's Blog Stop & Seedy Character Contest
- What I Like About You
- Not to be missed: Tim Gautreaux's short story, "Id...
- On Writing: My Interview at WordHustlerInk
- Guest Blog: Setting--warped a little
- Family Secrets, Video Interview
- Pottie Pitcher Plants
- On daylilies, signed copies of SECRET KEEPERS & Wh...
- Fiction Addiction today, 2 pm
- Reading in Travelers Rest
- Blog Tour & a Fame-seeking Hummingbird
- Blog Tour Today: Writers Inspired
- Blog Stop Today: The Importance of Book Covers
- Today's Blog Stop: Flash Fiction Chronicles
- City Lights at 7 pm
- Donna's Book Pub...pull up a chair
- GPS. Fireside Books. Litchfield Books.
- More "Boot" Tour
- WOW! The Muffin
- ▼ June (23)
- ► 2008 (89)
Subscribe Technorati Profile